8.19.2013

Monday-Yumday: Roasted chicken + Pumpkin salad

Those who follow me on Instagram have seen the picture of this dish already. I took it a few weeks back, when I tried the salad for the first time and decided it would be a great side dish for the roasted chicken I often make. It was actually a great combination!! We both loved it.

Since my version of the chicken is very basic and I always try something different, here's a very similar one to mine:

Slow Roasted Garlic & Lemon Chicken
(by Nigella)

Paired with this amazingly easy recipe of the Pumpkin & Rocket Salad (by Taste.com.au) made it all look more healthier.

#chefK comments:

+ as Nigella describes it on her recipe, the roasted chicken is gloriously easy to make and doesn't need a lot of preparations
+ the salad can be adapted as you like. For example, since I weren't able to get macadamia nuts, I left it out and didn't replace them
+ the lemon juice for the dressing makes the whole difference

(-) since I'm very sensitive to spicy food and ingredients, the dried chilli flakes on the salad were a no-go for me
(-) it was the first time I tried to roast pumpkin and at the end it didn't look very roasted, but I had left it already too long in the oven and even tried using the broiler with no success.

My Roasted Garlic & Lemon Chicken + Pumpkin & Rocket Salad

Follow me on Instagram