9.16.2013

Monday-Yumday: Tomato and Avocado overdose

I think I already mentioned in a previous food post how much I liked avocado, didn't I? Because if I didn't then let me tell you now: I'm an avocado freak!

I can actually remember the first time I found avocado on my plate. This was at my best friend's place and we were having dinner. As a starter they served us plain avocado slices with a lemon and pepper mayonnaise. Believe it or not, that night I didn't even touch the plate because I was convinced I wouldn't like it. I gave the entire plate to my friend who devoured it (now I know why). If I could only take it back...I still regret that decision.

So now, after discovering that I actually like it (a LOT) I'm always adding a few slices here and there or make a delicious guacamole to snack while watching a movie.

A few weeks ago, I thought I would add something else and decided to make tomato bruschetta. I'm not going to copy the guacamole recipe, because the one I do is extremely simple and plain and you probably have your own version. But for the bruschetta I used the following version:

Tomato Bruschetta
(by Williams-Sonoma)

#chefK comments:

+ extremely easy to prepare
+ ideal when you're having guests

(-) make sure that the crust of the bread you use isn't very hard already, because after putting it in the oven it will get too hard (not good for the teeth!)
(-) I will definitely do this one again, but next time I will use large tomatoes and cut them into small pieces. The cherry tomatoes ended up being to big for the bruschetta.

Perfect snacks for a movie night

An extra pinch of avocado for aficionados: did you say avocado beer??