10.08.2013

What about some vietnamese?

Although I like to cook and trying out new dishes, I can't particularly say that I'm someone that eats or tries everything. Unfortunately I like to know what I'm going to eat and be on the safe side. You will never find me picking out something from a menu that I don't know or haven't tried out before. Nope.

And what's worse is, that I can't tolerate anything spicy. Even the "mild" versions of the dishes are too spicy for me. Yes, sometimes it's a real bummer. Especially on this part of the world, where you have real Indian, Lebanese, Pakistani, Filipino, Vietnamese, etc. restaurants. When I say real, it's because nowadays you can find this food everywhere. In every major city you'll find small restaurants offering "exotic" dishes. But in a country like the UAE, where the majority of the population are immigrants/expats, especially from those countries, you can find the greatest small eateries where you can try their best dishes for reasonable prices (I mean VERY accessible prices).

One of these places where we like to go from time to time is a Vietnamese restaurant called Hanoi. I remember my first experience there wasn't very successful because of what I mentioned before. Since I had absolutely no idea what to order, of course I ended up getting something that was too spicy. The second time though, I nailed it with my choice and since then I always get the same dish.
I know, it sounds so boring. But it's delicious and at least I know it's something I can enjoy!!!

 This picture actually makes me want to jump into a taxi and go over there for lunch!!
xox, K

An extra pinch of Vietnamese food: I don't know if I would try them myself, but I would buy it solely for the beautiful pictures and any kind of variations of this dish is what I always order!